When receiving a Thai Massage , you remain completely passive as the practitioner moves you through yoga postures while massaging (compressions) along your body's energy lines and pressure points. It's a full-body treatment that relieves muscular tension, improves circulation, mobility & flexibility, relaxes you and re-energizes you. This meditative practice is the physical application of "metta" (loving kindness).
If you're thinking, "Oh, I'm not flexible, that's not for me", then Thai Yoga Massage is exactly what you need. Thai Massage is the world's oldest form of physiotherapy. Postures, pace and pressure are adapted to the individual; no two massages are the same.
If you've always wanted to try yoga but don't know where to begin or perhaps find it intimidating, Thai Yoga Massage is a great introduction to the healing benefits of yoga. Often referred to as the "lazy person's yoga", all that is required of the recipient is that they be present and mindful of their breathing. The practitioner does the rest!
Stretching and massage at the same time. It doesn't get any better than this!
$70.00 per hour.
Please call Bonnie at 607-282-0275 to make an appointment.
Benefits of Thai Massage
By removing the obstructions that cause illness, Thai Massage offers multiple, holistic and integral benefits including the following:
- Releases tense muscles and knots
- Increases flexibility and joint mobility
- Acts as a lymphatic cleanser
- Eliminates toxins in the system
- Assists postural alignment
- Increases body awareness
- Stimulates internal organs
- Improves neurological functioning & vitality
- Relieves tension and stress
- Helps healing long term injuries
- Balances the energy flow through the body
- Helps strengthen the immune system
- Induces deep relaxation
- Calms the mind